Classical Maize Genes
Revision as of 03:09, 4 March 2010 by Jschnable
- Gene Symbol:
- MaizeSequence.org Gene ID: The name of the gene model assigned by maizesequence.org
- Gene Name:
- MaizeGDB Locus Page: Link to a website at maizeGDB containing information from up to a century of maize research (publications, phenotypes, alleles, sequences, mapping data etc).
- GenBank ID: The GenBank ID of the sequence used to tie the named maize gene to a maizesequence.org gene model
- NCBI Page: NCBI page for the GenBank sequence listed in GenBank ID
- GEvo Comparison: A GEvo link to compare the GenBank maize gene sequence and the region of the maize genome it was manually matched to. Good for catching problems with gene models and viewing the region around the maize gene.
- Sorghum Ortholog: Syntenic Sorghum Ortholog (or the region where a syntenic ortholog would be predicted, if no ortholog was found)
- Maize1: Maize underfractionated region. This can either be the maize gene itself, the homeologous gene, or the region where a homeologous gene would predicted if none was found.
- Maize2: Maize overfractionated region. This can either be the maize gene itself, the homeolog resulting from the maize whole genome duplication or the region where a homeolog would predicted if no homeolog was identified
- Rice Ortholog: Syntenic Rice Ortholog (or the region where a syntenic ortholog would be predicted, if no ortholog was identified)
- Brachypodium Ortholog: Syntenic Brachypodium Ortholog (or the region where a syntenic ortholog would be predicted, if no ortholog was identified)
- Syntenic Ortholog Panel: A GEvo link to compare up to five syntenic regions in the four sequenced grasses. (Two in maize and one each from rice, sorghum, and brachypodium.)