|Software company||CoGe Team|
|Analysis Type||Blast query sequences against genomes stored in CoGe database|
|Tools Utilized||blastn, tblastn, tblastx, blastz|
CoGeBlast is CoGe's interface to BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool) and other related algorithms. With CoGeBlast, one can take any query sequence, whether user submitted or requested from the CoGe database, and compare it against any number of genomes in the CoGe database
CoGeBlast is a web-based interface to blast that allows you to quickly:
- Add query sequences
- Find and select any number of organisms and genomes in CoGe to search against
- Configure a blast analysis
- Visualize an overview of blast hits (High-scoring Sequence Pairs; HSP) in relationship to their genomic locations
- Interact with a sortable list of blast hits detailing
- which query sequence matched which organism
- Visualize individual hits in their genomic context to determine the extent to which you query matched
CoGeBlast utilizes a number of variants of the BLAST algorithm originally developed by Altschul et al. 
We have docs for this
You should read this if you are confused.
- Altschul SF, Gish W, Miller W, Myers EW, Lipman DJ (1990). "Basic local alignment search tool". J Mol Biol 215 (3): 403–410.doi:10.1006/jmbi.1990.9999. PMID 2231712. http://www-math.mit.edu/~lippert/18.417/papers/altschuletal1990.pdf.
We has them.