Difference between revisions of "Glossary"
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 17:31, 16 September 2009
A list of terms used in various pages in this wiki that may need clarification.
Genomic Evolution Terminology
- Genomic Feature
- Conserved Non-Coding Sequence (CNS)
- High-scoring segment pair (HSP)
- Whole Genome Duplication
- Perfect Ortholog
- Local Gene Duplication
- Tandem Gene Duplication
- Chromosome Rearrangement
- Synonymous/Nonsynonymous Mutations (Ks/Kn)
- DNA alignment"
- Protein alignment
- Flanking Gene Method for detecting gene loss and transposition events
- Collinear Gene Order for detecting syntenic regions
- Useful divergence for comparing genomic regions