Sharing data in iPlant's Data Store
There are several ways to share data from iPlant's Data Store:
- Use iPlant's Discovery Environment Data window:
- Open the data window by clicking on the data icon
- Select the folder/file you wish to share
- Click the "More Actions" menu
- Click "Manage Sharing"
- Search for a user by first name, last name, or user name
- Click on the user
- Set their permissions to "read" or "write"
- Click "Done"
- iRODS command line:
- Use ichmod: https://www.irods.org/index.php/ichmod
- Note: when using the imv command, please use the following steps to ensure that CoGe gets access to the files. This is required due to a limitation in the iRODS design.
imv /iplant/home/username/ordinary_data /iplant/home/username/coge_data ichmod -r write coge /iplant/home/username/coge_data ichmod inherit /iplant/home/username/coge_data
- Generate quick-share links
- The [iPlant Discovery Environment has a way to generate a quick-share link that lets you generate a URL to a file that someone can use to download the file directory (no log in or permission checking) in a web browser. It is not the most secure means to transfer data as anyone with the link can download the data, but it is convenient to email someone a URL to get a file.